Jan 2, the First full Moon of the New Year. The moon, represents the feminine, emotional, creative and nurturing aspects of our lives. The Full Moon is the ending of the moon's lunar phases. It is said to be the best time to release what no longer serves you, what you no longer need in your life or any aspect of you that you have outgrown. "The full moon has an powerful and intense amount of energy, that we can use towards setting our intentions(actions), and let go. After the full moon, it then begins waning moon; it is symbolic of the closing of a chapter or reaching a goal. "
Below is a ritual that I was shared with by Kalaan. Kalaan is an Indigenous Healer of the Andean and Taino Traditions as well as a a Certified Holistic Health Practitioner, and a Certified Meditation Teacher; devoted to bringing ancient healing practices to contemporary society for peace and balance.
January is the month of the Full Wolf Moon. It appeared when wolves howled in hunger outside the villages. It is also known as the Old Moon. To some Native American tribes, this was the Snow Moon, but most applied that name to the next full Moon, in February.
The wolf offers some of the most striking animal meanings in the realm of spirit animals. The power of the wolf brings forth instinct, intelligence, appetite for freedom, and awareness of the importance of social connections. This animal can also symbolize fear of being threatened and lack of trust. When the wolf shows up in your life, pay attention to what your intuition is telling you.
With all of the above energy available we tap into the energy of this celestial occasion for manifestation of our intentions set from the last NEW MOON to be released throughout this year.
Full Moon Ceremony
1. Open sacred space: you can use a prayer or simply set your intentions asking for your higher self/ creator to enter your space and allow all that will be done to work towards the benefit of yourself firstly and all around you
2.Items required: Pen, paper , candle .
3. Meditation: we start with lighting the candle and then under the light of the full moon focus on your breath, notice your inhale and exhale, really feel the oxygen as it enters your nostrils from the plant kind, notice the carbondioxide as it exits your nostrils to the plant kind. Reflect on the fact that you are connected with the plants and everything else around you, so too with your connection to this celestial event.
With your eyes closed feeling your connection with all around you place your hands on over your throat, take a deep inhale counting to 7, hold to the count of 7, then with your exhale release all the stored energy in this space , this area is considered by some from the east as the seat of the throat chakra or energy center, for the Quechua and laika of peru this area had around it the band of power connected to AIR with a silver color.
Visualise this silver energy activated in your throat allow whatsoever you speak to be manifested once your intentions are clear..After releasing all the energy that does not serve you to the forces of nature we are prepared to fill these gaps with renewed energy that feeds our soul and builds towards the manifestation of our desires.
4. Intentions: Connecting with the energy of the full moon, write what you desire to manifest in your life for 2018.
5. Practice: After writing place your paper before your heart and repeat the following words "As above so below, as within so with out, shine through me Wolf medicine, teach me your ways, lend me your wisdom , Come, Come, COME..
This is where we will write on the sheet of paper the things we desire to release to the moon, we will have two lists one with what no longer serves and the other with desires. After writing your lists speak aloud before reciting the things that serve you no longer (experiences, relationships, feelings, etc. ) I release to grandmother moon what no longer serves...Before reciting the things that you desire speak aloud "Grand mother moon as your light shines upon me I release my intentions to Great Spirits Will "Following this burn the list watch it burn and blow the ashes outdoors.After blowing the ashes recite within your mind 3 times:IT IS DONE
6.Gratitude: Upon completion Thank Great spirit/grand mother moon for allowing this opportunity to channel this nights energy towards the release of your desires for the betterment of yourself and all you meet. May the energy released with the Full Moon blossom in your life for all to see and share in this wondrous glory.
7. Close Sacred Space: thanking the energy you called forward and asking that your desires are manifested for your benefit and for the benefit of all you meet.
Energy is present 2 days before and 2 days after Full moon so you have time to practice.
If you receive any insights, sounds, smells, visions during this day make a note no matter how strange it may seem (you can contact Kalaan for symbolic interpretation at email@example.com).
Thank you Kalaan for sharing and spreading your knowledge!